A list of trivia related to The Mummy.
References to the Universal Monsters
- When Nick Morton is brought to Dr. Henry Jekyll's office, Jekyll raises a toast and says, "To a new world of gods and monsters." This line is taken straight from Bride of Frankenstein (1935), as well as being the slogan of the Dark Universe.
References to previous Mummy movies
- During the Duel in Jekyll's Office, Jennifer Halsey knocks out Malik with the Book of Amun-Ra, which was important to the plot of The Mummy (1999).
Behind the Scenes
- Brendan Fraser, the star of The Mummy (1999), stated in an interview what he thought of Tom Cruise being attached to the reboot: "I am flattered as Tom Cruise is a really big movie star. There were many movies made before the one that I was lucky to be a part of. I am certain that this one will be unique. I have met Tom before and he is a nice guy. He will be great and the film will be exciting. I will buy the ticket to watch it on the opening day."
- However, Fraser later stated upon seeing the movie that there was "not enough Brendan Fraser": "Nobody knows mummies better than I do. Which is exactly why this film is such a confusing disaster. Perhaps the most disappointing plot turn occurs at the end of the film, when the audience finally realizes (SPOILERS AHEAD!) that I do not make an appearance in this film. I was shocked as well; as an extra during the London crowd scenes I was sure I made it into frame before security noticed my fake moustache and forcibly removed me from the set."
- ↑ What Does Brendan Fraser Think of 2017's 'The Mummy'?. Biscotti, Steven. universalmonstersuniverse.com. August 11, 2016.
- ↑ Brendan Fraser reviews The Mummy reboot: “Not enough Brendan Fraser”. Harrison, Ellie. radiotimes.com. June 23, 2017.